Social and Corporate Responsibility
As a company of essence and family origin, at Golden Hotels we are proud of our values and corporate culture in order to offer a service based on quality and customer satisfaction.
At Golden Hotels & Experiences we work with the aim of creating a positive impact on our environment. Our main challenge is to implement a responsible tourism model in our day to day respecting people and the environment.
Agenda 20 is the strategic plan developed by Golden Hotels & Experiences in 2020 and which seeks to create a positive impact on the environment, reducing the consumption of energy, water and waste production.
On this page we intend to collect the actions that Golden Hotels has been carrying out in recent years, carries out and will continue to do in terms of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability and our main commitments.
*You can consult our actions of Agenda 20 at our blog.
Sustainable and responsible plan
More responsible and sustainable tourism
Our objective is to implement a more responsible and sustainable tourism model improving the environmental management of the organization and the quality of service and providing information to clients and workers.
You can check the 10 easy actions to be a responsible traveler and more information about Responsible Tourism at this link."
Use of renewable energy:
In most of our hotels we use renewable energy, such as solar thermal energy and biomass to thus reduce our carbon footprint and they consume green energy (of renewable origin, non-polluting, unlimited and respectful of the environment).
We are working to apply the use of renewable energy in the remaining hotels.
Energy efficiency improvements:
· Centralized program for turning on and off the terrace lights of all the hotel rooms and outdoor areas.
· Automatic disconnection of air conditioning in the rooms when detecting open terrace doors.
· Rooms with LED lighting.
· Disconnection of electricity with magnetic key in all rooms.
· Parking spaces with electric charge for non-polluting vehicles.
Reduction of water consumption:
· All taps, showers and WC cisterns in the hotel have consumption saving measures (flow reducers, sensor or timed push buttons).
· Substitution of bathtubs for shower trays in several hotels, and installation of cisterns of smaller capacity and double flush.
· Drip irrigation controllers and sprinklers in the hotel gardens.
Actions to reduce the generation of plastic waste:
· Creation of a compostable Golden bottle made of bamboo/tritan fiber to raise awareness of improving the environment.
· In the different bars and restaurants we serve the water in glass containers with water of osmotic origin and on the terraces compostable containers.
· Elimination of disposable plastics (glasses, straws, sauces, jams, plates and cutlery) in common spaces for compostable and biodegradable utensils.
· Gel and shampoo dispensers in the room showers.
· Limitation of amenities (if the client needs them, they can be requested free of charge at reception).
· Collaboration with the company ECOLAB to reduce 75% of plastic packaging for cleaning products in our hotels.
· Presentation of bulk products in the client's breakfast buffet to reduce the number of individual plastic wrappers.
· A large part of the used cooking oil is recycled and reused.
· Dispensers with dispenser to reduce waste of cleaning products.
Equality and education plans
Committed family business
Despite being a family-owned company, Golden Hotels is a chain of more than 800 workers who we want to treat equally, apart from involving them in our social and environmental values and encouraging new practices that help the company in achieving new values and challenges.
Unfortunately, inequality still survives today through issues that require urgent attention and solution. We want real equality between women and men and we will defend the most basic rights for all women, without distinction of any kind.
Sensitization and awareness to clients and workers
· Information about our environmental commitment on our website, televisions and communications for employees.
· Awareness campaigns in the Welcome sessions for new staff.
· Information on reducing the frequency of washing towels.
· Survey on customer environmental satisfaction to assess new actions.
· Survey on employee involvement in the environment.
· Digital, environmental and recycling training programs for all our employees.
Development of the Equality Plan
The equality plan is a document that consists of a series of measures agreed between the legal representatives of the workers and the company to ensure the achievement of the objectives of gender equality in the company.
The equality plans want to establish the pursuit of specific equality objectives, strategies and practices to be adopted to achieve them, as well as tools and methods to measure the achievement and the establishment of effective monitoring and evaluation systems for the objectives set.
With this plan we want to improve the work environment, through the promulgation of non-discrimination messages, the implementation of conciliation measures, and giving more opportunities to select and retain talented people.
Team Building days and team celebrations
At the company we know that a pleasant work environment and recognition of workers increase productivity, motivation and achievement of objectives. These group dynamics are very important, which is why at Golden Hotels we have brought our team beyond the office. With Through this, we get the worker to create synergies with colleagues inside and outside their department, carrying out a joint activity that allows them to live new experiences and interact with their colleagues outside the office, thus reinforcing the feeling of belonging and cohesion of the teams.
During the last years we have carried out Laser Tags, team games, walks, lunches and in the future we want to make it easier for our workers to sign up for conferences related to sustainability.
Engagement, Trust and Reputation (CSR) Plan
Every year we hold a charity market where we allocate all the proceeds to different charitable causes. In these charity markets you can buy second-hand clothes and accessories that Golden Hotels workers, our friends and family contributed to the campaign.
Between the three weekends we hold the charity market this 2022, we raised €1,791. This money collected during these days was distributed in equal parts to 3 different entities and foundations that have been chosen among the workers of the Golden Hotels offices (Fundació Astres, Associació Terra i Cel and GEPEC-EdC).
In the first year of the market, the proceeds were allocated entirely to the TV3 Marathon dedicated to mental health.
We are very grateful for the overwhelming response from our people and are already looking forward to our next Solidarity Market event. Thank you for helping us make a difference and we hope to see you next year with more solidarity :)
You can see a summary of this market in this video
· Annual contribution to the Food Donation Campaign in collaboration with the Red Cross of Pineda de Mar and Tossa de Mar.
· Hiring workers from non-profit entities, whose purpose is the labor and social integration of physical, mental and sensory disabilities. (Fundació Marpi and Fundació Aspronis)
· Build trust with our suppliers and cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual respect.
Sponsorships and Collaborations
Help with sponsorships and collaborations to associations and projects in our closest environment. For more information about our sponsorships and collaborations, click here.